VIP was founded in 1983 as the Martha's Vineyard Special Parents Association, a group of families working to improve opportunities for their children with disabilities. In 2007 we changed the name to Vineyard Independence Partnership, to represent a full picture of inclusion for people of all ages living, working and playing on Martha's Vineyard.
Some of the things we've done...
* Helped establish the island early childhood intervention program
* Organized social activities and family support groups
* Helped establish the LIFT transportation service
* Helped establish the supported employment programs through MV Community Services
* Started a shared living home on Martha's Vineyard